We took Madalyn to the pediatrician on Monday and she's 17.8 lbs. and 30 in. long. On the American growth chart, she's at the top for height and the bottom for weight, but we're just happy she's even ON the chart since she was 3.9 lbs. at birth. Maddy was gagging on her new American formula and the doctor told us it was probably because it tasted very bland to her. Evidently, in Latin America they add lots of sugar to their baby formulas and food. She suggested we add an ounce of juice to our formula mix and it has worked WONDERS. She loves it!
We've had a joyful steady flow of visitors over to meet our little girl from near and far, including Branson and Manhattan! She's been such a trooper through all the hugs and kisses from the family and friends that love her so. They all agree she's a great gift from the Lord!
My sweet co-workers at school gave Madalyn a "Welcome Home" party on Tuesday. She was so cute in her little skirt that her Grammie bought for her. They gave us a money tree which was such a generous, gracious gift. It was so nice to see everyone after so long.
We had a big day today...first day at church AND a little "bling" to go along with that gorgeous smile of hers. Yep. We got her ears pierced! She and her little buddy, Brooklyn, were very brave and only cried a wee bit. Well, okay, Brooklyn only cried a little bit. Madalyn screamed. But, it was all over very quickly and she hasn't even touched them the rest of the day! They look so adorable! It's a tradition in Guatemala for baby girls to get their ears pierced, mainly to tell them apart from baby boys. We thought we'd carry the tradition on...
I have enjoyed my time off with the family...it's been nice to only have Greg and Madalyn to tend to every day. We are grateful for this time! I miss my students dearly, but I know they are in good hands (thanks Laurie and Yvette!).
We are anxiously awaiting word on when Amanda and Jeff get their PINK slip and can head down to get Bella...it should be any day now!!! We want that baby HOME where she belongs! We hope and pray it all goes smoothly. God is so good.
I apologize for not blogging very regularly the past few weeks...life has DRASTICALLY changed; for the better of course! It's been quite time consuming figuring out our new life! For now, here's some cute pics from the week. Love and hugs!!
Meeting the red-headed cousins...


Looking pretty for church...


Welcome home party...







The piercing...

And afterwards...

Don't we look cute with our new bling???


Momma's sweet girl...




15 comments:
How exciting! I love all the pics. I love the tutu outfit, so cute!! Hope your schedule calms down and you can get into a regular routine! Keep havin' fun with your precious little girl!
She is Precious! Love all the little dresses and skirts. Praising the Lord with you for your beautiful daughter who is HOME!!!
OH MY GOODNESS! She's just beautiful! She looks so happy and at home! GOD IS SO GOOD!
I am so glad that y'all are home now and you don't have to worry about anything else...except all the things that moms worry about!!!!!! It is great to see y'all together and enjoying life.
You ALL look so happy! And I am happy for you! Keep posting the pics of your blinged out girly! TOO CUTE!
Jill
She is precious in her little frilly black skirt and pink shirt! She already looks like a pro, but, knowing your family, little Maddy is going to have to get used to her picture being taken all the time! Cute to see Maddy with Jonny's red-heads.
Great Pics!! It's great to see everyone at home and settled! So happy for you guys!
She is beautiful !! Love her bling !!
Okay, didn't think she could get any cuter, but I stand corrected!! The earrings just add to her beauty!! We can't let her and Bella talk until after we get Bella's pierced-- she may try to warn her! :)
Hoping for PINK tomorrow or Wed! Results are en route to the embassy as we speak!
love ya,
amanda
How sweet! I am so glad you got some good reports and advice from your pediatrician. Isn't it great to try something they recommend and it WORKS!? I hope her little tummy is doing better as well.
What a beautiful baby girl...and a beautiful Mama and Daddy!!!
She looks so happy in all the pics. Glad to see yall are doing SO good :)
Hooray !!! Welcome home. Maddy is beautiful !! Enjoy your time with her. Courtney
Congratulations! I'm so glad you all finally we able to bring her home!!!! Lori
We just can't wait to meet her! Elizabeth might be jealous of Maddy's bling though! I am glad things are settling a bit.
love ya
I am so glad that you are doing this! It is fun to get to see the pictures and read how things are going with you at home, but what a wonderful thing for Maddy to have later to read the story!!!! We miss you!!!!
Post a Comment