Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Remember these?




Beanie Babies?! They were all the rage a little over a decade ago, and my dear mother-in-law jumped on the bandwagon and started collecting them by the dozens. Last summer while I was over at their house, she started pulling out bin after bin full of HUNDREDS of Beanie Babies. She told me I could go through them and grab whatever ones I wanted for Madalyn. (Note: Madalyn is the only girl born on his side of the family in 42 years!)

I asked her if she was sure she wanted to part with them (aren't they supposed to be worth something?!)...and she said, quite exasperatedly, "Take them!!! What am I supposed to do with the stupid things??!!" I was ROLLING over in laughter...she was so funny with them and wanted to purge as many as she could.

So, her new grandbaby has her very own couple dozen to play with one day...so, where to put them?

Well, I found this handy-dandy shoe rack and thought the pockets might be just the right size for those little furry pals.




Duke's not too sure about the whole idea...


7 comments:

jajbs said...

Cute idea-- I may just steal it from you!:) My mother-in-law did the same thing when my son was born. I was griping just last night about where to put them. Thanks!!!

Amanda

Deborah said...

You are so funny. I've heard of another idea to use those over-the-door shoe hangers for--extra toiletries. Label each compartment and store extra toothpaste, shampoo, Q-tips, cotton balls, etc. in there. I haven't exactly applied it, but it's still a good idea nonetheless. It just sounds like something you or my sister would do.

Natalie said...

Great idea...so, so cute! And oh my heavens...the pics of your dog with the beanie baby...LOL!!! Hilarious.

Natalie said...

Oh yeah...are you not going as crazy as I am waiting to get that call?! I'm praying for you guys.

Natalie C. said...

Too cute with the dog.

Jami said...

The pictures with Duke are SO funny!! I love the shoe hanger idea - it's really cute!!

I'm praying for you...sometimes I feel like I'm never really going to get the call!! But God is faithful!!

Love you!

Jodie said...

LOL!! Too cute!! & the shoe rack is a great idea!