Tuesday, June 19, 2007

New look

Just trying my hand at "blog" template design...I figured, since I can design in print, I might as well be able to design a blog header. I still have LOTS to figure out, but hopefully my friend Yvette and I can soon!

I would like to take the opportunity to introduce a VERY GOOD friend of mine, Amanda. She and her husband Jeff are adopting precious baby Bella from Guatemala. Bella and Madalyn were born just a few days apart. They also have an adorable son named Jake. When I asked Amanda if I could put up pics, she reported that Jake was very excited that he was going to "be famous on TWO blogs" (theirs and ours!). So cute!

Please pray for Bella's case: she is in a hogar (orphanage) and her attorney is submitting her case to the family court for them to rule on the adoption. We need to pray that their case is approved THIS WEEK! It is time for Bella to be reunited with her family, so please join me in prayer that it's soon. I selfishly ask that you pray that both Madalyn and Bella are released together--which would mean that we all might pick-up at the same time.

Amanda has been a priceless jewel to me the past few weeks; they have been some of the hardest for me since we began this journey, and God knew I needed a friend that would understand every single emotion that I have experienced. I thank God for this blossoming friendship and pray that our girls will get to grow up together. Love you, girl! I wanted to post pics of their beautiful family; here ya go, Jake! Can't wait to meet you, buddy!

If you would like to read about their journey, you can follow it at:

http://bellaboonews-jajbs.blogspot.com

*Note - I just designed her blog header; what do you think? ;)



13 comments:

Crystal said...

Hey Kristen --I am so sorry I have not commented until now!!! I have been checking up on you but usually I have Sophie in my arms! I wanted you to know I have been thinking about you and praying for you!!!! Your strength throughout this whole journey amazes me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a Christian too!! I was saved when I was 22! I completely and utterly fell in love with Jesus!!! He is pretty awesome eh?!!! I love love love your post from Oswald Chambers!

Please know I am praying for both you and Amanda!!!! I know how hard the wait is especially at the end --You are in my prayers!!!!

hugs to you!!! :O)

Crystal said...

ps--I love the "new look!!!!!"

Natalie C. said...

love the new look!

Rory and Cindy said...

I'm so glad God has put people in your life that are on the same journey and can be a strength to you that those of us who don't fully grasp the wait can't be. We love you guys and are praying that you will be reunited with Madalyn soon!

P.S. If you get bored feel free to design me a cute header...I love yours!!!!

LouLou said...

Hey Kristen,
Amanda is awesome isn't she? I am praying that both your girls are OUT and on the way home SOON. I know this wait is so difficult. Sometimes I still can't believe that I actually have AP forever. I am going to catch up on your entire story when AP is napping! Thank you for all the sweet comments!! Hey!!!! I want a cute blog header too!

Karen D. said...

I love your blogger header and Amanda's! You both seem like absolutely amazing people! I appreciate the encouraging comments that you both have post on my blog!

I am praying for you!
Hugs!
Karen

Bekah said...

Love the new look! Amanda is amazing. I will be praying that you both can bring your babies home at the same time. That would be an incredible blessing. I wish we all lived closer so that we could get together, hang out, pray for each other, let our babies play, etc.

Jami said...

Kristen! I agree with you and everyone else - I love Amanda - and you too! I am praying for you as you wait! I'm glad to be getting to know you through blogland!!

Your blog is awesome! How do you do it! I love Amanda's too!

Whitney said...

Nice design! Your PGN days are numbered...one day closer to getting that girl home!

Rose said...

Great design...How do you guys do it? Hoping you get out soon! The way things are looking it just might be very, very soon! roseann

Crystal said...

Hey just thought I would tell you I am praying for you!!!!! hugs!!!!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

Kristin, I am sorry I have not been able to keep up on your blog this week. But I want you to know that I've been thinking about you guys AND praying of course. You are such an awesome person and I truly do wish you the BEST. I will continue to pray that you get that good news soon and that you will feel at peace. Love you!

Kristy said...

Hey Kristin, love your new header! Very cute!

I am praying for you during this difficult time of waiting. Take comfort in knowing that God is in control of the little details as well as the big. He is making this journey just perfect, more perfect than you or I can imagine. But I am praying that you will hear some good news very soon!

Love you,
Kristy