
Last Friday, we went to our annual family picnic & "Concert in the Gardens" at our local Botanic Garden. This is a wonderful summer tradition, full of live music, great food and amazing fireworks. Next year, a pretty tan girl will be running all over the place! This year, my nephew Caleb, was the life of the party...especially when he dug into the chocolate chip cookies!







On Saturday, we met our sweet friend Beth, her adorable daughter Karoline, and her dear mom Barbara for lunch. Beth and TJ used to go to church with us, but now live in San Francisco so we try to see them whenever they are in town. We also found out that their new baby on the way is a boy!





Then, we got to serious work on Madalyn's room. We painted the walls a pale greenish blue, which matches the fabric on Madalyn's bedding. I found these WONDERFUL and FUN tissue flowers at Michael's...a Martha Stewart item, of course! When I first saw them at the store, I knew I wanted to add them to the room. I wanted to throw one more color into the blueish green and chocolate brown scheme. These flower "puffs" were the perfect addition. They are more of a coral hue than true pink. Then, my mom and I found storage bins at Lowe's (of all places!) while shopping for paint--the bins have all THREE of our colors! So, even though I haven't put any of her things away, have hours of organization ahead of me, still have curtains and wall art make, it was tons of fun to see it start to come together.










5 comments:
I LOVE the "puffs" sooooo cute! I can't wait for Maddy to get here, we just might have to make a special trip home to meet her when she arrives!!!!! I'm so jealous I wasn't there to see Beth and Karoline:( We love you guys and we've been wondering when ya'll are going to come visit?!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! It looks AMAZING!!!! :)
What a beautiful room....which I totally expected with your amazing decorating eye.
Little Caleb is a mini Jonny!! Too cute with that red hair.
Hi Kristin! Remember me!? :) I found your blog through Kelly's blog. How fun to reconnect with you, Deborah, and Elizabeth.
So fun to see pictures of your family. Please tell everyone that I said hello.
Kristin and Greg... The nursery is precious!!! The bedding is beautiful. Your mom did an amazing job and of course I LOVE the "puffs"... And I can't believe the storage bins are just too perfect!! What a blessing :) I feel honored to be on your blog!!:) We miss yall so much and I am so thankful for our visit. Oh, and I LOVE the TShirt Kristin. That is so cool!! Love yall!!!
Post a Comment