Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A little news...

When I say "little," I do mean little: We took the advice of a friend who is also adopting from our agency and called PGN to check on our case. Looks like Miss Madalyn will be coming home late August at the EARLIEST. Well, it wasn't exactly the best news to hear today after what seems like spiritual attacks from every direction since Saturday. But, we're doing okay. Please pray for us to have continued faith in His Way for our lives; that is the ONLY comfort we can cling to at this hour. We are praying what seems like around the clock for spiritual protection. Any prayers on our behalf would be most appreciated.

We found out that we were submitted (or logged in) to PGN on 4/26; then had a kick-out six weeks later (ouch) on 6/11; then a resubmit on 6/11. It is getting clearer and clearer to me and Amanda that our baby girls could quite possibly a year old when we bring them home. We are both school teachers and time off of school for maternity leave equals no pay for both of us. Of course, to our human eyes, the situation seems almost desperate; but we know deep down in our innermost parts that this is what the Lord intended from the very beginning. It's hard to swallow; I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I didn't ever imagine it all working out quite this way. It's been a long 14 months...and we're still not near the end.

The last thing I want to do is write this with misty eyes....our LORD IS GOOD and He WILL have the last say on this adoption...not the enemy, no matter how hard he may try. As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Now, off to snuggle on the couch with my cute husband (and best buddy), my sweet puppy, a cuddly blanket and watch a Blockbuster movie while the rain gently falls outside.

Love and hugs,
Kristin

6 comments:

Kat Elliott said...

Hey Guys..

Please know that our prayers are with you. They have been since the beginning of your endeaver. Sarah Michael is really excited about meeting her new cousin Maddy. She asks often about her Guatemalan cousin -- "kindred spirit".
We missed you at the reunion....hopefully we'll get to meet Maddy next year.

Just know that our thoughts and prayers are with you..

Love, Kat, Sarah Michael Elliott and family

jajbs said...

Kristen, we have to remember that God sees the BIG picture, while we see, but a small part. (when I say "we", I mean me at the front of the line!).

His timing WILL be perfect for our families and He will see us through any thing the emeny tries to put in our way.

HE WILL SHOW HIMSELF FAITHFUL IN THESE ADOPTIONS!!!!

We love all of you and are praying for you, Greg and precious, Madalyn!

Hugs to ya, girlfriend!

Amanda
Amanda

Beth Goff said...

I am praying and I am so sorry that this was not the news you wanted to hear! Thanks for the update and if I were there I would give you a BIG hug!!

Natalie C. said...

Oh, I remember waiting and waiting and waiting...the more i wished Cale home the farther it seemed to get pushed back...I am praying for ya'll that August is as late as it will be.

Bekah said...

Kristin, though the Lord's will might be that Madalyn doesn't come home until August, I will not stop praying for a miracle and for her to exit PGN today. If it is August, then we will trust His plan and He will give you strength to wait. He will win this battle for our children and they will come home and be raised to know and love him. Jesus' words keep running through my head as I pray for Eloisa, and Madalyn, and Bella, and Hudson..."Yet not my will but yours be done." More than we want these babies home, I know that each of us wants the Lord's will to reign in our babies lives. And if that means waiting a few more months...we will stand together and encourage one another through it. Love and hugs to you!

Whitney said...

Stay faithful to Him as you are! Your words are encouraging to others on this journey. We have to trust that He will redeem this waiting time for all of us! I have to remind myself daily that it is not about what I am missing, but what we will gain later on. It is the Father directing our steps, and every movement of the signature signing pens in PGN, not men! Praying!