Thursday, November 01, 2007

"Referral-versary"




One year ago today, we laid eyes on our sweet little one for the very first time. It was absolutely breathtaking. Lots of tears were shed, and much rejoicing for the Lord was surely in control! It's hard to believe that she's here with us now...we are so grateful. We look forward with great anticipation to see what the Lord has in store for Madalyn's life...and we're so blessed to join her in it.

Here's our original post from that day:
After six months of laborious (pardon the pun) paperwork, our little one is here! Actually, she arrived a little over a month ago! So begins the arduous adoption process with the Guatemalan government. Please pray that everything goes quickly so we can bring our baby girl home! They estimate this part of the process can take anywhere from 3-9 months in court.

We just returned home from a trip to Chicago today (Wednesday) and had the message from our caseworker...we are still reeling from all that has transpired over the last few hours! We will keep you posted on updates as they arrive.

Thank you all for your continued prayers, encouragement, support and love. It is by His Grace alone that we are able to stand through this next step. Much love to you all--Greg, Kristin and Duke


******

We went to the doctor today for a follow-up visit. Miss Madalyn was so very brave! She endured four shots on her little legs and one on her arm (flu shot included!). She's been growing!! She's 17.15 lbs and 30.5 inches long. The doctor was very pleased with her development...and her molars are coming in! She's sleeping through the night now and only takes a bottle at nap time and bedtime. The doctor wanted us to increase her formula from 12-oz. a day to 24-oz.! Maddy's very excited about that...she usually would gulp down her 6-oz. bottle in three minutes! I asked about nighttime diapers since she's always soaked in the morning...she said there are several brands available. Anyone have any good suggestions?

We're headed to Mommy's school in a bit for a JV Football game. Oh boy! I will post pics tonight of our cute Halloween Princess...she was quite the "Belle of the Ball!"

Hugs,
Kristin

11 comments:

Rory and Cindy said...

I can't believe that was 1 year ago...so much has changed! I'm still a fan of Huggies Supreme, they have always come through for both girls (Brooklyn is in a size 4). Can't wait to see Halloween pics!

Anonymous said...

From Mom -

How I remember seeing these first pictures of Maddy and your caseworker asking you if you wanted to accept this tiny little baby girl...and when you discussed this with Sherry and me, we both immediately answered, "Of course you have to accept this baby - this is the one you've prayed for and that God has given to you!"

I can only imagine the wonderful plans God has for our precious girl and it will be a blessing and an honor to teach her about Christ's love.

Kristy said...

So sweet, and I can't wait to see pictures of your little princess! As for the diapers, I always put my kids in Huggies Supreme at night and then in cheaper ones during the day. Huggies Supreme always worked well for us, very few leaks and they seemed to hold more than any other brand. They're also very stretchy so you can get them on tighter so they don't leak as much and they'll just stretch to fit their bodies. I hope that made sense!

Deborah said...

Oh, I cannot wait to see Maddy all dressed up for Halloween! I have no doubt she stole the show.

It's been over a year since I've had one in diapers, but when my kids went through the soaking stage (around Maddy's age), I used "Huggies Nighttime" diapers. I don't know if they make them anymore, but they did work great.

Back in the cloth-diaper era, my mom said she used to "triple-diaper" us! I guess if you get desperate...

Love you!

jajbs said...

Sweet girl! Glad to hear she is growing... she was jsut waiting for her Mommy and Daddy! :)

Now... wehre are those pics... I am tired of stalking... :)


love ya,
amanda

Maggie said...

Try using diapers that are one size bigger at nighttime. They hold alot more:)We use Pampers baby flex.

Can't wait to see her costume pictures!!!

Jill said...

The halloween pics are so beautiful! I am also lovin that you are heading ot a jv game!!!! I am the jv cheer coach here! :-) Our games just ended.

Keep posting when you have time! I love seeing the kiddos!

Jami said...

She is seriously just beautiful! LOVE the costume!!

I always used "Huggies Overnights" for my kids when we started having issues! :)

Love you!!

Kristen Ballard said...

Maggie's idea of using diapers one size too big is good. I used to put Lucy in Walker's diapers for overnight because they were one size bigger. I have always liked Pampers, especially for night-time, and then store brand during the day!! Kroger makes good ones.

Her Halloween pics are great! That costume is beautiful- my mom said she saw y'all at church and Maddie was just precious- she was right!!! Thanks so much for all the posts and pictures- it is so amazing to see a family come together like this. Love you guys!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

Huggies Overnights...good stuff :)

Also good to use one size bigger. We're Huggies folks around here, except right now Zoe's into the "Disney Princess" pull ups....i think they're pampers not sure ;)

Ledbetter Fam said...

Pampers are what we use! I also buy a size too big. This has been successful for us! What a blessing she is. I have truly enjoyed following your story and I have to hold back the tears everytime I see pictures of the three of you together, or Maddy in your house, etc. GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD!!!

Juli Beth (Bridgwater)