Saturday, September 08, 2007

Madalyn's Room

**See new note below...





















Edited to add: Okay, I just uploaded a few more shots taken during the morning hours using natural light...it seems to make the colors appear more accurate...I am way too OCD about it, but since I used to work with photos everyday in my previous career, I am picky!! Also, thank you to my wonderful mom who made all the beautiful bedding and drapes! I love you!!

**P.S. To all my Guatemama friends: the sweet doll is on sale at Pottery Barn Kids...her name is Meg and she's dark skinned. I was so excited!! She's very cute and soft!




It's just about done!! I think all we lack is painting a nightstand to go next to the rocker...other than that, we finished up most of the details today! It feels really good. I also set out Madalyn's outfits for our pick-up trip. It was fun trying to picture what she will look like in them! A few of them are sentimental...we bought them in May of 2006 when we started this journey. Can't wait to finally see our daughter in them after all this time!

(I'll probably try to take some more pics in the morning light...these are a little fuzzy and using the flash always blows it out.)

22 comments:

Megan said...

A gorgeous room for a gorgeous girl! It is all so darling! Can't wait to see pictures of her playing in that room!

Elizabeth said...

Absolutely precious! It's so YOU. And, I'm a huge fan of the organization! I also can't wait to see pictures of Madalyn in there!

Bekah said...

That is the most beautiful nursery EVER! You are incredibly talented, my friend. Can you decorate my whole house?! Kristin, thanks so much for your encouragement today on my blog. It is so awesome to hear encouraging words like that from moms who have gone before us. I know that fear is NOT from the Lord and so I need to continue to lay my worries down at our savior's feet and allow him to carry me through this season. Love and hugs to you!

Shannon said...

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! You have an incredible gift for decorating! I love it all!!

You seem to be a very "organized" person. All the baskets-ROCK!!!

I can't wait to you all together!!! YAY!!!

Jenn said...

Your room is so cute! I really love it! It inspires me to keep working on my nursery.

Natalie said...

You already know how much I love that room!!! Absolutely perfect...even right down to the closet...to die for!

Jami said...

Absolutely fantastic!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the room!!

I love you too! :)

Jami

Whitney said...

You did a great job! Thanks for the leg work you did for me! Praying you get that pink soon!

Emily said...

Wow that is so cute it should be illegal. I am in love with it.

Robert and Kelli said...

Kristin, what a beautiful room! We're praying that she is in there soon! Love you three!

jajbs said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I really enjoyed "shopping" with you last night! Can't wait to do it in person with our girls!


Love ya,
Amanda

Natalie C. said...

i am so loving this room!!!!

Gail said...

What a beautiful room for a beautiful little girl!! Come on PINK!! All is ready!
Gail

Courtney said...

Love it....Love it....Love it !!!!
The nursery is the cutest ever. It is so adorable, i want it. I love the bedding. Your mom did a great job. I can not wait for our nursery to be done. Maybe 1 more month and I will post pictures then. I love your theme. Oh, can I ask, where did you get the pink flower balls from the ceiling ? I love them. Courtney

Melissa said...

Beautiful. The only thing that will make it better is having a sweet baby girl in that room!

Maggie said...

I love the painting of the two of you , it is so beautiful. We are praying that your adorable baby girl will be home with you soon.

Mindy said...

That has to be the most BEAUTIFUL baby's room I have ever seen! Just amazing! Truly. I can't wait to see your sweet baby IN that room:-)
Many Hugs

Stacie said...

Hey Kristin!

Thanks for your sweet comments on our blog! It means so much to us. I have been a lurker on your blog for a little while now. So yes, I know who you are! Madalyn is the cutest little thing and I CAN'T WAIT for yall to go pick her up and bring her home!!

Her nursery is SOOOOO CUTE! It looks like pictures from a Pottery Barn catalog!! I can't wait to see her in it!

I hope you have a great week and get great news of Madalyn's homecoming!!
Stacie

Amy said...

I'm so impressed by your creative talent. I know to you it's not just a room or another project. It's obvious that every single aspect was prepared and carried out with love. I can sense it without even stepping foot in the room. It's just beautiful!
Someday I'm gonna hire you to come decorate my house! I just don't have that eye or desire to do crafts!!! Haha

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is a beautiful nursery! So perfect!!

Jaimee said...

Wow! What a beautiful room!!! I love it. I stumbled across your blog by following links from friends of friends. We are also adopting a baby girl from Guatemala. I wish you a very speedy proces. Your baby is beautiful and she has a gorgeous room!

-Jaimee

Michael and Elizabeth Sullivan said...

Kristin! First I must say, I am filled with joy for you two! I know it's been such a long time coming, and God is Good! I ask my brother for updates, and was so excited this time to hear Madalyn was finally home! Now I have found a much better way to stay updated, and very glad to be part of this blogging world. Oh, and the reason I began this comment- Madalyn's nursery is to die for! I have seen a lot of beautiful nurseries and this one TOPS the charts. Hope to see your precious family again soon. Love, Elizabeth