Our update today from our agency said our attorney has the birth certificate (with our last name on it---is this really happening??), and our attorney "expects" to have our paperwork ready to submit on Sept. 3. I emailed her back to check on that date since it is Labor Day and the embassy usually observes it; however, they were just closed all of last week for training, so maybe they'll work that day! Who knows? I'll let you know as soon as I hear from our caseworker.
Thank you for all of the prayers, notes, gifts and amazing love the last few weeks. We are so excited to hear the laughter (and cries!) of Madalyn...and kiss every last inch of her. I think what brings us the most joy is all the love we will be able to freely shower on her the day she is placed in our arms forever. So much love burns in our hearts...overflowing from above!
School began for me last Thursday, so I've been living the life of a "teacher" for almost one week! And, what a week it has been!! Whoever said this was easy was LYING! I am so full of goodness after each day, but so, so tired! But, having my precious mom next door has been the BIGGEST blessing to me. In my prior career, I hardly had time to see my family even once a week...now, I get to see my mom multiple times DAILY. It is truly a blessing. I love her so much.
God knew what He was doing waiting to bring Madalyn home until after school started for me...I need to get my footing, get on a schedule, and manage my time better in my new job before taking time off to be a mommy. Praise Him! He always knows what's best for us!
Still have things left to do in the nursery...mainly just hanging up the wall art and the drapes. I'll try to post pictures soon. We also need to baby-proof the house a bit, stock up on diapers, get Duke neutered (yes! BEFORE Madalyn comes home!!). Then, we'll be ready for baby girl!
Much love to you all...many rich blessings!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
How exciting !!! I hope you hear something soon. I wonder when you will be traveling ??? I would love for you to post pictures of her room. Hang in there. Courtney
Congratulations on the good news.
Hope she is home very soon.
Gail
I can't wait...if only we were there to celebrate with you guys!!! Poor Duke, but I guess maybe it will keep her stuffed animals in better shape!!!!!
When I went to exercise yesterday, a lady brought the most beautiful little girl into the childcare room and said, "We just brought her home a couple of weeks ago from Guatemala. Please come and get me if she even makes a peep."
I took that as a sign from the Lord to pray for the sweet Campbell family.
Be looking for a package in the mail from Spring Hill, Tennessee!!
Okay... Cindy's comment about her stuffed animals is SO FUNNY!!!
We are thrilled for you guys. I cannot believe it is only 4 steps until you travel! That is awesome! I know you are probably SO busy with school. It is a hard job for sure.
Isn't amazing how we always question God's timing and then it becomes obvious why He does what He does!!??? He is an AWESOME GOD!
that's great!! Can't wait to find out when ya'll will be traveling! Poor Duke!!
This is so exciting!!! You are so close! Soon she will be in your arms forever!! I love you!
Yea! His timing is sooo perfect! The tiredness of the first week of school can only be understood by going through it huh?! You will adapt quickly though:)
Can't wait for more good news!
From the singing this morning at church, "Praise Him! Praise Him! Tell of his excellent greatness!" I love that your story and your daughter's story is told with praise being given to the creator and the giver of her life and ours.
Glad to hear things are moving along! We'll keep praying you through the timeline.
Post a Comment