Thank you all so much for the amazing love and support you have blessed our lives with the last 16 months. It has been a mind-boggling ride...and then again, there's a lot more to ride after this: parenthood!
Now, the prayer request:
I just telephoned PGN for an update on our case. We are on Sr. Barrios' desk awaiting his signature (Praise!). I asked the kind woman what she thought the timeline would be from this point. Here's her reply: Sr. Barrios is signing off on cases resubmitted on June 4th. Ours was resubmitted June 11th. I asked if it would be a few more weeks until he gets to June 11th cases; she replied, "oh no, just a couple of days." As soon as I hung up, I allowed myself a few minutes of adrenaline and excitement as I telephoned Greg with the news. (After all, it's been four months since we've been excited!) But, I am cautiously optimistic with this news. Not AT ALL fearful or trepidatious....just very peaceful knowing that God never intended our daughter to be nine months old or younger when she comes home. Not ever, even from the beginning of time. Greg and I are at total, supernatural peace. We praise Him and thank Him!
I ask you to join us in prayer as we ask the Lord to bless Sr. Barrios in his work duties. Bless him as he sees the files on his desk that represent families who have been called to love orphans as their own. May his heart be blessed with joy; his mind be protected from evil attacks; and his office with peace. God loves this man--therefore, I love him too.
We also pray for the day we receive the news that we have the signature. And, for the steps remaining after the release (decree, birth certificate, doctor's appointment, passport issuance, visa submission AND finally, our pick-up date), all of which potentially have their own challenges and delays. May the Lord hasten the day Madalyn comes home to her mommy and daddy!
We feel so blessed to be carried by Him...and thank Him for the love Madalyn is receiving each day from her precious foster family. Great is their reward in Heaven.
Thank you all for showing us the love of Christ...it is indescribable. This blog will be made into a book for Madalyn to read one day...and I am so thankful for all the comments and prayers that she will be blessed by!
Love forever,
Kristin & Greg
P.S. Update pics are coming this week....will post soon!
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Tell Maddy that Uncle Britt is praying for her and Mom and Dad too.
Kris,
What amazing news! Yet another big obstacle that the Lord will help overcome in his perfect will and way!
I am praying for you, Greg, Sr. Barrios, and of course, our sweet girl!
Love and prayers surround you!!
T
Kristin! Praising the Lord with you and praying you will be signed out very, very, very soon. It is so comforting to know that all of this happens in His time. Hard sometimes, but He is so good.
I emailed our agency and asked them about contacting PGN and they said that they "DO NOT recommend this and it could delay our process". (We will not adopt through our agency again and have a hard time believing what they say because we hear differently from everywhere else.) Did you mention in an earlier post that you emailed them or is it just a phone number that your agency had? Does it really harm or slow down your case to call? Do you have to have permission from your agency first? Do you mind emailing me (bekahmoser@gmail.com) to let me know? Thanks, Kristin!
What great news!!
Gail
Great news!!! I wish so badly that you were here with Greg! I pray school preparations are going well and that you feel very peaceful and confident about this new challenge (I know you are going to be great and this will without a doubt be the best yearbook SCS has everseen)!!! Call me when you get a chance. I'd love to hear about all you are doing at school this year! Love you and YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
Girl, we may be on pick up just yet! I am praying!!!!!! I am so thankful that the Lord has brought you into our lives. Bella and Madalyn will be like us-- BFF! See ya Labor Day weekend. We cannot wait!
Love ya,
Amanda
A cautious YEAH!! God can cause it to happen soon!!! Praying for you all to hear something less cautious and more official soon!!!!
WOW that is Wonderful news...I hope you get the call later this week...Love that PGN call line they have now...Hugs Candy and Kya Blu
Praise God! This bit of good news is wonderful! I am covering you, Greg, Sr. Barrios and Maddie in prayer. May God continue to bring you His supreme peace until the day Maddy comes home. Lots and lots of love, my dear friend! AJ
God is sooooo Good!
I pray that you would confidently rest in His peace and delight in His perfect timing! We can't wait to hear the good news of yet another step closer to HOME FOR MADALYN!!!
Kristin,
I will be praying! I totally understand your cautiously optimistic comment! I have used that phrase many times during Abbie's adoption!
Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!
Much love,
Karen
OH!!! I can't wait to hear the news. I'll be praying extra hard this week!! :)
Love you! Thanks so much for your constant encouragment to me! :)
Post a Comment