We got word yesterday from the Embassy that our case has been pre-approved and will proceed on to PGN! We hope to be in PGN before the Holy Week celebration as offices shut down for the holiday. We can't believe we're getting closer to bringing the cutest Guatemalan sweetheart home! Thanks for all of your prayers--now, onto the Guatemalan government--please pray for a swift approval!
I thought I would go ahead and re-post our adoption timeline so you can see the steps we have left (and all the steps we've already taken!). It's interesting to note that once Madalyn's new birth certificate is issued with our last name, she is officially and legally our daughter. However, we will not travel to pick her up until we have an appointment set with the US Embassy (called a Pink Slip) to pick up her visa. Can't wait!
Love you all - Kristin and Greg
Our Adoption Timeline
April 8, 2006 - Called to adopt
April 28, 2006 - Agency Orientation
May 16, 2006 - Int'l adoption application sent to Homeland Security
June 2, 2006 - Doctor visits for health clearance
July 27, 2006 - Home Study
September 12, 2006 - Agency Approval
September 13, 2006 - Madalyn is born
September 16, 2006 - Fingerprints taken for Homeland Security
October 26, 2006 - Homeland Security Approval
November 1, 2006 - Madalyn is referred to us
November 1, 2006 - We accept Madalyn's referral
November 13, 2006 - Power of Attorney & Dossier to Guatemala
December 1, 2006 - Madalyn's 2 month update & pics
December 15, 2006 - Madalyn's 3 month update & pics
January 18, 2007 - Embassy authorizes the DNA test to be done
January 18, 2007 - Madalyn's 4 month update & pics
January 24, 2007 - DNA test is done
February 1, 2007 - DNA Match
February 7, 2007 - DNA Results arrive at US Embassy
February 13-19, 2007 - Visit Trip
February 26, 2007 - Madalyn's 5 month update & pics
March 20, 2007 - US Embassy Pre-Approval
March 26, 2007 - Madalyn's 6 month update & pics
April 13, 2007 - Enter PGN
April 23, 2007 - Madalyn's 7 month update & pics
Exit PGN
New Birth Certificate issued with our last name
Pink Slip from Embassy
Embassy Appointment
Pick Up Visa
Home Forever!!
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I am soooooooo excited for yall! Karoline and I are coming to Texas on May 29th through June 3rd... I hope she is home by then!!! I would LOVE to meet her!! We love yall! I check everyday for updates! I just can't wait until Madeline is home....LOVE YOU!
Wow, this has been quite a process-I hope and pray that you get to bring her home VERY soon!! :) Love & blessings~
I am so thrilled for you guys! I hope that these last few steps happen quickly so you can have that baby girl in your arms forever- we are praying it happens very soon!!!
One step closer! I don't remember what PGN means but we are praying that it goes quickly and you can bring that beautiful baby home!
Kris, so exciting to look at that timeline and see how far you guys have come! HE has been so faithful, as always!
Love you, miss you, can't wait to catch up!!!!!
Trace
Post a Comment