Well, our file is still at the US embassy in Guatemala City...we are waiting for what's called "Pre-Approval" from the embassy before we can proceed to our final big step, the Guatemalan attorney general's desk (called the PGN). The embassy has had our file since February 5, and can sign off on it any day. We pray that it is soon...this wait is so hard sometimes! Then, once our file goes into PGN, it can take anywhere from several weeks to several months. At this point though, the US side of things (the embassy) is moving MUCH slower than the Guatemalan side. President Bush will travel to meet with the Guatemalan president next week--which makes me think the embassy must be preoccupied with preparations for his arrival. Please join us in praying that things get moving faster so we can bring our sweet daughter home. We miss her so much!
Thank you all so very much for your amazing love and support, and for walking with us every step of the way. It is more of a blessing to us than you will ever know. Our God is Awesome and Supreme and is in control! For that truth alone we can rest assured.
Much love,
Kristin, Greg and Maddy Girl
Monday, March 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Hi Kristin and Greg! We are praying for you three! I've been checking your blog but wasn't able to post anything until now b/c I didn't have a blog. But now I have one - very exciting! I love that you are adopting Maddie and she is adorable. What an exciting time of preparation as you rely on God to handle the details. I'll continue to pray for the embassy to sign that paper already! Love, Tami Barnett
You guys are in our prayers! Even though we know that all is in God's hands it's still so hard to wait for His timing. So I'll be praying that His timing lines up with your timing! :)
Congratulations again!
Courtney
I hope they get everything approved, signed, etc. ASAP so you can bring that sweet and precious girl home to Texas!
Okay I've totally been silently reading your blog through this whole process. Will somebody call in a favor to the Guatemalan government so you can bring that beautiful baby home already?? Hopefully it won't be much longer!!
I'm praying for you here!
Emily Tate
Oh, I already spelled her name wrong! I meant Maddy! Sorry. She's so cute, keep us posted!
Tami
Post a Comment