Friday, March 14, 2008

Toddle ... toddle ... toddle

Just another lazy day at home...




She LOVES fruit gummies...



...and shoves as many as she can in her mouth!




Her legs are ADORABLE...and she was finally still for a moment (distracted by the TV!) so I could capture their cuteness on camera!





She has turned into quite the drama queen! She loves to put on a show for anyone who will watch!




We also have a budding ballerina on our hands...she is CONSTANTLY on her tip toes...so cute!





I hope you have a wonderful weekend! We intend to...Greg is taking me out on a special date tonight to our favorite downtown restaurant...yummy! His parents will watch Madalyn, blessing us with a few hours of "alone" time. My, how life changes when you become parents!

I have been on spring break this week and have LOVED having Madalyn with me all day. Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE teaching?!?! What a wonderful career! Very, very different from my art director days. It's been very nice to have the week off to catch up on laundry, housework and lounging with my Diet Coke, of course!

At school the last several weeks, I have been working nonstop on our yearbook deadlines...along with teaching my art classes. I didn't know how managing teens would differ from managing adults on a print publication...but, they have done so well! I am so proud of them! And, they will have a stellar 328-page book to show for it when all is said and done. It has been one of the greatest joys of my life to share my passion for design and print with those kiddos...two of whom plan to major in graphic design next fall in college! I truly love my work...and am so blessed by it. God is good!

Oh, Greg just walked in the door...he took off work a little early to play with his "baby girl" before our big date...

Love and hugs!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My granddaughter is just PRECIOUS...it's been a great spring break and wonderful fun to spend time with Maddy-girl this week!!! These pictures totally capture Maddy's unfolding personality - she is definitely a ham-ha!
Much love and kisses,
Grammie

Maggie said...

great new pics. Maddy is such a doll. Have fun on your date...

Rose said...

I love baby legs too. her standing on her tip toes is about the cutest thing evah!! Love it! She is adorable! ~r.

Beth Goff said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Thanks for posting new pics! I hope yall are doing well and I am SO glad you LOVE teaching. I bet you are an amazing teacher! LOVE and miss yall!

Courtney said...

YIPPIE.......so happy to see new pictures. I can not believe the ballerina !!!! I love it. Courtney

Nikki said...

She is gorgeous :)

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Oh my goodness she is precious! We were thrilled to get your announcment in the mail! Email me so we can catch up! :)

Jill said...

She is so beautiful and looks so content!

Way to go on the yearbook... from one former middle school teacher, I get what you are feeling... PRIDE, like they are your own! Good Job! You are making a difference in their lives.

Happy Easter!

Deborah said...

You have always loved baby-legs. I can just hear you saying, "Oh, look at those cute little muscular calves!"

That Maddy is such a doll. I'm so glad you had some good Momma-time with her this week.

Carrie said...

Kristin, Thank you for your comment on my blog. Madalyn is just beautiful!!! These babies are so special. Bowen has been such a blessing in our lives. I am so happy for you - what an incredible journey you have had! Can't wait to see more!

Jami said...

Kristen! She is growing up so!! Just adorable! Glad to see things going well! :)

Love you!

Emily said...

She is so cute! And has really strong ankles to be able to stand on her toes like that! :)