At the doctor's appointment on Wednesday, Miss Madalyn got weighed and I thought she would have reached the 20s by now, but not yet--she's 18.14. She has an upper respiratory infection with inflamed glands. She's feeling much better today and actually went down for her nap without a fuss. She's been so clingy to me and Greg and will barely let us put her down. She's not adjusted well to the antibiotics (diarrhea--NOT the smelly kind--thank you Lord!!) so we're a bit worried that she'll lose more weight. Anyway, it was an interesting Christmas...and our first official round with illness with Madalyn. I must confess, Greg and I were VERY worried during her high fever...thank you, Lord for swift healing!
_____________
Our little sick girl on Christmas Eve at Greg's parents' house ... notice her shiny nose/cheeks? They're covered in petroleum jelly. She was so chapped, bless her little heart!
Our house, Christmas morning ... looking a bit more awake!
Christmas evening at my parents' house ... sleepy-head again!
My mom got Madalyn these amazing books on Guatemala ... the one she's looking through is a gorgeous photo book called "Guatemala Rainbow" by Vecchiato. She also got a great Q&A book on Guatemala by Mary Englar. Then, she got a CD called "Chapinlandia: Marimba Music of Guatemala." We are so grateful to have these Guatemalan treasures to share with Madalyn!! Thanks, Momma!
Through a half-smile, Madalyn takes a seat in the chair I had as a little girl.

AND ... a MUST-SEE video of our little princess on Christmas morning. She LOVES to bob her head when she's excited ... and we must have really thrilled her this time because she's bobbing on all fours!! HYSTERICAL!


7 comments:
From Grammie/Mom -
This little girl has some serious rhythym-ha!...I thought she should be in gymnastics, but maybe she should play an instrument or be a dancer! : )
Love to Maddy girl!
I'm so sorry Maddy's been sick. I hope she's feeling better by now. I must confess, I do love how cuddly my boys get when they're sick... especially the older they get, it makes those moments even better. NOT that I want them to be sick, but there is blessing even in those sick moments!!
Oh... those illnesses can be so worriesome. I'm glad she's feeling better. I haven't forgotten those nights sleeping on the floor next to the crib! Happy New Year dear ones... I love you (and miss you). Hugs!
looks like she had a great christmas. so sorry to hear she was sick. ilove the video. she is so cute. what a precious baby girl. courtney
Poor punkin! I know sick is scary!Elizabeth is really missing Ma Ma. We were trying to get loaded up in the car today, and she kept lingering in the garage. When Justin went to get her, she was standing over Madalyn's carseat saying, "Ma Ma! Ma Ma!"
See y'all soon!
She is so precious! I am glad you guys had a great Christmas!
Being sick didn't affect her cuteness! I guess you are officially welcomed to parenthood with your first sickness. :) Glad she is doing better!
Post a Comment