Sunday, April 13, 2008

Photos from the week...

Madalyn and I had some great Mommy-daughter bonding time this weekend while Daddy was out on business. It was so nice to have so much time together...and she slept GREAT which was a blessing.

Last Monday, she had her 18-month checkup and the doc was very pleased with her progress. She weighs 20.8 lbs and is 32 in long. She had a shot and her blood drawn--thankfully, my sister (the nurse), was along for the ride to help with the blood taking...I am a total wimp when it comes to needles and blood!

Later that evening, Miss Madalyn FINALLY put her socks on by herself! She has been trying for a few weeks and has now mastered it; well, maybe not "mastered" it, but she's doing pretty good! I got it on video yesterday. Oh, one note about the videos: if you scroll down the blog below the the American Flag is a button to pause the music. After you hit pause, scroll back up to video and press play. Then you can hear just the video when you play it.

I have six more weeks of school...WOO-HOO! I have (almost) survived my first year of teaching! It's been really rewarding. We are completing the proofs for the yearbook this week, so all should be set with that (prayerfully!).

Hope all is well in Blogland...I can't wait for the summer when I will have time to post more often! It's been hard to keep it up while "spousing, mothering and working!" ;)

Much love and many blessings!






We went out to eat yummy burgers as a family...these outings are extra special, given our newish penny-pinching, get-out-of-debt budget. In the good 'ol days, we would eat out almost EVERY meal. Not anymore! We went on a walk afterwards and even got a Starbucks treat! It was tons of fun!





All by myself!


14 comments:

Jenn said...

She is so cute! I'm impressed with the sock thing! That's pretty tricky when they are that age.

Maggie said...

socks are really hard... weaver refuses to even try to put on his own socks!

Anonymous said...

I am way impressed! CArter is 4 years old and still has a hard time:)...or is lazy????

amber

Natalie C. said...

I love her hair up like that. Great job on the socks!

Amy said...

Youth ministry did have some benefits, huh!??!? Eating out all the time... no more for us either!! Even fast food sounds amazing these days when I'm tired of cooking!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristin & Greg! I love to come here & see new photos of my beautiful little great niece! Proud of her for doing the sock thing! At our house, Boy "A" mastered it early, Boy "J" decided it was too much trouble, refused to do it - unless **I** put them on him, I finally gave up, and now, at almost 10 years old, he still refuses to wear socks...though he CAN put them on - I just found that out this past winter on a very cold park day. WHEW! That was a relief! ha!
Love all 3 of you - make that 4 - don't want to leave Duke out!
Aunt Patti

Rory and Cindy said...

I love the hairdo! I see you hot a Maclaren...they are the best strollers, I love ours! Wish we were there to play this summer...maybe you'll get to come up here for a visit!?!

Jami said...

Congrats on making it through the school year..well almost!

Madalyn is beautiful and it's fun to see her growing up through pics! :)

It's hard to believe that not that many months ago, we were all only able to watch our babies growing up through pics. Praise God they are home now! :)

Love you!

Tracey Clem said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVED seeing you and Maddy (and Erin and Ellen) on Monday. Thank you again for making the trek out to see us and meet Cameron. It meant the world to me.

I can't believe how adorable Maddy is...and gets more so all the time. The little sprout on top of her head is the best! I know it is both fun and exhausting.

Let's catch up soon!! I'll call you. I love you and miss you, dearest friend. Hang in there...6 more weeks, and then SUMMER VACATION!

Hugs and gidgets!!

Tamalani Barnett said...

She is so cute! I love her hair too. Love the pictures!

Courtney said...

What a big girl putting her socks on. So cute. Courtney

Jill said...

Glad school is almost done for you... I sure remember those days!

Your daughter is just too cute!

Enjoy the Spring!

myra said...

Hey Kristin,

My mom sent me to your blog. Your daughter is just precious! And I'm way impressed with the sock trick. I have a little "M" girl too! She's almost the same age as Madalyn.

It's great to catch up with you via blogland.

Love,
myra (mccrary) moran

Rory and Cindy said...

I don't know how I missed this video! I LOVE Maddy's hair up like that...so cute! The sock thing is very impressive...probably a sign of genius!!! I miss you guys so much, if you need a few days away this summer we'd be happy to have you!