Sorry it's been so long since I've penned anything in Blogland. My mom keeps hounding me to get some new pics posted...so, here's just a few from a little photo shoot I did with Madalyn. Completely unprofessional, but she's lovely nonetheless!
Life has been so good...we're in a wonderful season of adjustment...new careers, new child, new church...God is so good. We're following Him every step of the journey.
I still cannot believe it will be a year on February 13th that we met our daughter for the first time at five months old. She has grown into quite a precious little girl. Really, the biggest change from then to now is that she no longer sits still for even a second! I hope and pray her foster mom has found peace without Madalyn's sweet face to greet her every morning. And, I pray the Lord has filled Madalyn's birthmom with continued strength and rest with her decision to place Madalyn in our care.
Life these days hasn't been busy; it's been full. And, full is so wonderful! I love having toys scattered around the house...and the never ending pile of laundry at my feet and dirty dishes at my hands. The sweet, innocent sounds of Madalyn's "ma ma ma ma" and "da da da da" as she plays. These are such precious days. I am so thankful to be a part of it all. Being a new mom at 30 is so different...I know I would have been concerned with other insignificant things at 20 that don't really bother me now. I am much more calm. God certainly knew what He was doing by beginning our family now!
Thanks for listening...we had a wonderful message this morning at church that was so deep and thought-provoking that my mood seems to have affected this post. But, isn't that what blogs are for? :)
Much love...Kristin


17 comments:
I'm so happy to read an update about you guys. Sounds to me like you have been listening to the voice of the Lord throughout your journey into parenthood! Children are a precious gift.
Now, I must go. One of my "precious gifts" MUST have a snack before he starves and wastes away! (At least, that's what I'm gathering from the tone of his voice)
Love you!
She really is precious.
Glad to "hear" from you! I love the new pictures. I'll send you an email. I would love to know more about your adjustments.
She is so beautiful. What a little model! Love hearing about your life. I can just picture the three of you with Duke hanging out in the living room. :)
Madalyn is so beautiful!!! I can't imagine how much you are loving every single day with her. I can't wait to be playing with little Eliana. Keep praying!!
Blessings,
Lindsey
glad that you guys are doing SO good!
I know you are such a fun mom! Madalyn always look so happy in your pics. Keep them coming!
KK loves teaching with you as well-
where are you going to church now??
She is SO adorable. LOVE the dress! can't wait to mee her ... SOOn, hopefully!
love ya,
amanda
PRECIOUS..............we missed you. She is so adorable. Thanks for the updates. Courtney
Sounds like being a mom suits you very well! I love the pics of Madalyn, she looks so good in that blue.
As Jon would say... Maddy makes that dress look so beautiful!!
I know all about adjustment... we're still facing so many uncertainties. But there's a humbleness in that... a time of God's refining.
I pray you guys' adjustment is going well!!
Love,
Amy
I've missed your thought provoking blogs with a little insight to your world these days! Maddy looks soooo cute...I love the blue!!! Miss you guys:(
What a beautiful sweet girl! So great you can soak her all in!
I love her dress!!
Thanks for the update! :)
you've been tagged!
kristin, she's adorable! and that dress is the cutest dress i've ever seen! love keeping up with you guys.
love,
paula
Hello...is anyone there...I NEED pictures!!!
Hello, Gregory, Kristin, and Madalyn....I got your blog off the Elliott Family letter..I wish that that I had been following it all along...I am your grandpa's sister Judy...Madalyn is adorable and I see by your post you two are so happy...I just love looking at your pictures. Seeing your mom and dad was special too..Will be checking back again...I too have a blog that I just started this year.
Be safe in Jesus!
Love and hugs,
Aunt Judy
Post a Comment