
One step at a time the journey becomes more and more interesting. When it started I thought it was pretty easy and predictable. I knew what to expect, I had all the answers. I was comfortable. Things went according to a certain plan. That's just how it was...That's how it always had been. That was before I met the person I was following. There is so much to learn...So much to discover...More layers of Jesus to experience. I suppose that growing up and maturing has something to do with this realization. However, something else has definitely been happening, something supernatural.
At some point in the journey, one has to face the reality of it. Either its real or it isn't. The reality of Jesus changes us. It has to. It changes us because that is who Jesus is. He is the eternal God, the incarnate word that was with God in the beginning and was God in the beginning. He is King! He is the risen messiah, the very Son of the living God! If this Jesus enters my life. Things change. I can't possibly just go through the motions. That's not who Jesus is. He is real. Very, very real. And this truth changes everything about me as one who has relationship with Him. It's all about Him.
(Now it's pretty easy to follow the idea of Jesus. Following the idea of Jesus still allows me to go to church on Sunday's, memorize scriptures, wear Christian t-shirts, and listen to cheesy Christian music. When I just follow the idea of Jesus, things don't have to change, and that's ok because I really don't want them to. I like my junk. Its mine. I have grown accustomed to having it. I am lord over it. I'm in control. It's all about me. Its all about what songs I like in church, Its all about what people I want to accept in church. Its all about my recognition, and the role I play in people's lives. The universe revolves around me. As long as I follow a few rules, let people know that I follow them. Show up on Sunday's with my Sunday best on. It's all good. I feel good about myself. God has done all this for me. )
I find myself discovering the reality of Jesus...Not just the idea of Him. It is safe to say that I have lost my religion and have found real relationship with Jesus. As I discover more about Him, I see that relationship is what He came to start. He wasn't a stuffy religious guy! He loved real people, who were broken like me. He healed them! Like He has healed me. He loves people, because they are worth loving. Me is not that important of a word anymore. I want doesn't matter. Jesus is enough. It's all about Him. He wants to love people through me. He wants to hug people, serve people, encourage people through me. This is a great situation we have. Jesus and I. He loves me. This unconditional love empowers me to love Him. Here is the bottom line...I have tasted many fruits of life...Nothing tastes better than Jesus.


No comments:
Post a Comment